1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

question for those without light flow app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jer534, Dec 22, 2011.

1. jer534

jer534 Newbie

Just wondering if you miss a call, do you get any LED notifications with the screen off?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jer534

jer534 Newbie

bump, anyone?

3. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

I thought "lightflow" was the turn the phone off and you get an 8 bit battery icon. That's how several people here have described it.

Why would you get notification with the phone off? That makes no sense.

4. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

bump, anyone?

5. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

LightFLow is an app to control the LED notifications. The OP is asking about get the notifications when the screen isn't off, not the phone just the screen.

To answer the OP there is no way to do that right now, some phones are built so you can not have the led blink when the screen is on.

6. jer534

jer534 Newbie

Maybe I phrased it wrong..

If I get a text while away from my phone, and my phone locks itself, the LED will blink white slowly.

But if I get a missed call and my phone locks itself, I dont get any LED notifications, Im not sure whats up with that.

7. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

You should be getting a notification for that as well, have you checked that the missed call notification is turned on? If it is try unselecting and reselecting it.

8. jer534

jer534 Newbie

where is the missed call notification?

Im trying to get a led notification without light flow installed.

9. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

You know what, I'm sorry I completely misread the thread title... /facepalm

I can't seem to find it in the phone anywhere, not sure if you can. Sorry.

10. jer534

jer534 Newbie

thats okay...

a friend of mine confirmed on his that he doesnt get a led notification of a missed call...weird that they would not have an option for that

11. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

Try "SMS Popup" app. Brings the actual message up over your lock screen

12. tonestert

tonestert Member

How do you turn off the notification light with Light Flow after you have read a message ? I'll get a notification light for a new email then even after I read the email and turn the display off the light will keep blinking. It's driving me crazy.

13. orlando bull

orlando bull Well-Known Member

First to the OP. Yes, there is an option for missed call notification. I have mine set to red.

tonestert - I have had this issue a few times. I open the light flow app and tool around in there a bit, then the notification goes away. No idea why it does it, but, opening the app seems to fix the problem.

14. Ltgk20

Ltgk20 Newbie

tonestart; I had this issue and kept playing with colors to see what was actually triggering it. In the end it was something else causing the light to continue to blink.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews