• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question for you rooters

alnova1

Android Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2009
I'm thinking of buying a cheap Eris and selling my Fascinate because times are getting a little tough and I had some questions. I have read about problems with the Eris and I was wondering if rooting helped and how are the roms? I would definitely be rooting. Can it be overclocked? Thanks for any info.

Thanks for the input guys. I know it will be a big difference coming from a Fascinate but believe me, before I rooted it it was sloooow. I have already bought it and I'm getting ready to root! Any suggestions on a good rom?

For the Eris? I currently have Nonsensikal v13.2 and LOVE it! (I've tried Kaos Froyo v37 & v38, CELB v3.6, and Nonsensikal v10.8 & v12.5.)

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the info guys and gurls...Im using Nonsensikal v13.7 right now and it seems snappy but I have to say I haven't activated it yet..still playing with it. I do have a problem with my trackball..didnt realize till after the purchase..It sometimes goes crazy and I see thats a common problem. Might have to remove it..unless someone knows of anything else.

Upvote 0
i think there was a thread posted a while back about cleaning the trackball. all they did was take the phone and pretty vigorously rub the trackball on a pad of white paper and it was good as new. if you can find the post it has a video. Im also using nonsensikal 13.7 and found that i wasnt receiving messages for about 15 min and then i would get all the missed messaged at one time. idk if its a ROM issue or what but after a reset i had no problems.

Upvote 0
Im also using nonsensikal 13.7 and found that i wasnt receiving messages for about 15 min and then i would get all the missed messaged at one time. idk if its a ROM issue or what but after a reset i had no problems.

I also downloaded v13.7 and flashed it but then read on XDA that Sikyou forgot that he (I'm assuming Sikyou is a he) had put it on the grdlock.net site as he was testing it. v13.2 is the latest actual version. I had severe SMS/MMS issues with 13.7, but after reading the post on XDA, I flashed 13.2 and have been fine since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones