• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root question/help a2sd use

cyberbengo

Lurker
Jun 16, 2011
hello

can somebody please help me, i just rooted my htc desire, and now it has cyangenmod 7 rom on it

i dont know how to use a2sd function, as every new app installs to internal memory...

i have downloaded Quick System Info from market, and it says:
SD card storage: total 3.17Gb, free: 1.43Gb
A2SD storage: total:488Mb, free: 453Mb
internal storage: total 148Mb, free 57.55Mb

i tried intsalling skype, and as everything else this also went to internal storage, making the free space smaller....

Does anybody know how to get new apps to a2sd memory??

btw at menu>settings>storage settings it says total space 148Mb,
and in menu>settings>about phone it says: Mem. info (avail/total): 155Mb/405Mb

Please help me, i only did this rooting to get more space, but now i am confused :thinking:

hello

can somebody please help me, i just rooted my htc desire, and now it has cyangenmod 7 rom on it

i dont know how to use a2sd function, as every new app installs to internal memory...

i have downloaded Quick System Info from market, and it says:
SD card storage: total 3.17Gb, free: 1.43Gb
A2SD storage: total:488Mb, free: 453Mb
internal storage: total 148Mb, free 57.55Mb

i tried intsalling skype, and as everything else this also went to internal storage, making the free space smaller....

Does anybody know how to get new apps to a2sd memory??

btw at menu>settings>storage settings it says total space 148Mb,
and in menu>settings>about phone it says: Mem. info (avail/total): 155Mb/405Mb

Please help me, i only did this rooting to get more space, but now i am confused :thinking:

Did you install dtapps, (darktremor)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones