• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root question. i just did the manual froyo update...

Viralmind

Android Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2010
alright, so i had cyan 5.0.7, and finally wanted to test out the frf50 froyo, so i could then install the recently leaked frf72.

i copied the pre-rooted froyo to my sd card and named it "update"

i rebooted
did a nand backup
wiped [just bc]
then flashed update.zip
then flashed gapps-passion epe54b

everything installed fine, and it started to boot up, but now it says:

"The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. please try again."
that is a FC box.

then i keep getting this error with another force close box:

"The applications setup wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectredly. please try again."

it constantly pops up these boxes and makes me FC them over and over and i cant get into the OS.

is it the google apps version that is wrong?
thats the only thing i can think of.

nevermind.

i rebooted
wiped again
installed frf50
rebooted without installing gapps

i believe you dont need to bc all the apps are here in the OS.

You are incorrect.....if you are flashing Cyanogen's ROM, you need to also flash the GApps file if you are wanting access to the market and the google apps (they are not included in the ROM).

Also, there is no need to rename the Froyo file if you are grabbing it from a site such as Modaco or XDA Devs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones