1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Question in regards to low memory on LG Optimus V

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joshm662, Jan 7, 2012.

1. joshm662

joshm662 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    Male
    I just got a low memory alert on my LG Optimus V and I couldnt even receive some texts because of the low memory. The messed up thing is, I don't have THAT many apps. I have downloaded MAYBE 6 of my own, like Facebook, Words With Friends, Twitter and other things like that. Now, I know I can choose to move some apps to my SD card via settings and stuff, which I just did now. The apps still appeared on my main screen though, the shortcut, ya know? Is that normal that the shortcut is still there even if you move something to the SD Card? I hope so because I want to move as many apps to my SD card as possible all while being able to easily use them whenever I want and saving internal memory. Facebook is massive and it wont let me move it to the SD Card or anything.

Also, how do I easily get rid of the pre-loaded apps that Virgin Mobile thinks I want? I hate all of that crap they gave me.. how do I easily get rid of it? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Advertisement

2. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    vB code analysis, Android / iOS Developer, CEO My
    There's a program called Move2SD which will help you. Then simply do a full reboot of your phone (long power button press). Start your phone back up and you will be golden :)

3. a5pe4

a5pe4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    No way to get rid of those pre-loaded apps unless you root. And don't worry, moving apps to the SD won't interfere with your shortcuts really. If you reboot it may take a while for those apps to show up and be accessible and that's all.

4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    First try cleaning the cache and history for your browser and the market app. Be sure to delete call logs and text messages. If that allows you enough room to download Android Assistant from the Market, then you can use the cache and history cleaner in that to clean up the rest of the apps on your phone (so you won't have to do them all one at a time).

If after doing the above you still get the memory error, give us a holler and we'll try more troubleshooting to see if we can help.

5. joshm662

joshm662 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    Male
    Thanks guys.. is it possible to move ANYTHING to my SD Card? Because I notice that the Facebook app is like 12mb and takes up a lot of space, however in my settings it won't let me move it to the SD Card, same with other apps like Twitter.

Also, how easy is it to root? I really want to get rid of these pre-loaded apps, I hate them! I see there are 2 versions of the Move2SD in the Market, one says Root Only.. which one do I want to download? Please let me know!

Thanks!

6. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    You can't move any of the preinstalled apps. Check the All Things Root Guide, stickied at the top of the sub forum.

7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Widget apps, and some apps that have widget capabilities incorporated into them, will not work on the sd card. If you move the apps one at a time then check out there functionality. If you get one that doesn't act right, move it back.

Tags: