1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

(Question) New Asus Transformer is having trouble connecting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carboneless, Dec 25, 2011.

1. carboneless

carboneless Lurker

Hi! I just got a new Asus Transformer today and I'm new to the forums. I have a wireless router that works fine with my computer and cell phone in the house. When I search for a wifi connection on my Transformer it just says "Obtaining IP Adress..." and it's been one hour and it still says the same thing. I am thinking it might have something to do with the wireless router not being able to adjust to the tablet. If it helps, I have a cisco linksysE1000 and I am familiar with how to configure the wireless router on my internet browser. I just need to know what I have to do. Thank you for the help =)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mbob63

mbob63 Member

Make sure the security settings are correct on your router for the TF to connect. Mine has had no problems connecting to many different networks. Reset your router by unplugging it for 30 seconds. Reboot your TF and try to connect again.

3. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Android Enthusiast

Well the tablet supports 802.11 b/g/n, so I cannot imagine you would be using 802.11 a.

Do as carboneless says and see if that works, maybe you typed your wifi password in wrong?

4. KeithW

KeithW Newbie

My Transformer does this about once a week, gets stuck in the "obtaining IP address"
    loop. When that happens, I simply reboot (turn off/turn on) the router and everything
    is cleared up for about another week, then repeat. I chock it up to some DHCP problem
    between the router and the Transformer.

5. viffer800

viffer800 Well-Known Member

Are you sure your router isn't set to restrict access to certain devices? Whenever I have a friend visit me and wants to use my wireless connection I have to adjust the settings to let them connect

6. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast

My mom just picked up a new D90 series TF and dock. It did the same thing. My old one was quite clearly sitting there with a good signal and connected and hers didn't see the router for some reason. I toggled the wi-fi on/off and she was able to pick it up.

(I also noticed that hers doesn't have the folding wall wart.)

7. Patch03

Patch03 Lurker

I have a transformer and a toshiba thrive home to test and see which i like better. Have never had any trouble connecting with thrive or laptop but just did with transformer. It said it couldn't connect to Google! Also swipe on thrive seems a lot more accurate than Transformer. I like the size ( thickness) and weight of transformer better. Also the screen is more responsive generally. Any other ideas for the connectivity issue? I'm new to tablets obviously!

8. carhauler1969

carhauler1969 Member

I have a B50 TF101G & have no problems tethering to my phone, or connecting to various WiFi hotspots nationwide, I'm an OTR auto transporter/truck driver. My Tf is rooted, but I had no problems before rooting it either. ;)

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews