• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question on how to install custom kernels

Okay, I have read and searched everywhere on how to install custom kernels. I follow each step: download the file, change the name of the file to update.zip, copy file onto root of SD card, boot into recovery, go to install, select "Allow update.zip Installation", install. When it starts to install it pops up "no such file or directory" installation aborted. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I was under the impression that Launcher+ was 2.1. I don't switch between home screens either it was just once I made Launcher+ plus my default screen when I press the home key is when it started FCing.

The screen switcher I was referring to is the one where you long press the menu button and it brings up all 7 screens so you can choose between them quicker.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones