• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question on return dates?

Buckeye Boy

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2010
Cleveland,Ohio
If I bought my Nexus on release date 12/15, is my return date 14 days or is it 1/15 ? Was there a change to the return date ? I saw in other posts this was changed? I am having data and voice issues and Verizon stated I have the 14 day return policy if I decide it's not for me.

Thing is I love the phone but if I can't make a call it's going back, will try and charge me the $35 if it's an issue with the phone?:thinking:

If I bought my Nexus on release date 12/15, is my return date 14 days or is it 1/15 ? Was there a change to the return date ? I saw in other posts this was changed? I am having data and voice issues and Verizon stated I have the 14 day return policy if I decide it's not for me.

Thing is I love the phone but if I can't make a call it's going back, will try and charge me the $35 if it's an issue with the phone?:thinking:

Everything I've heard is that the return date during the holiday period is until 1/15. And yes, since VZW has said there "is no signal issue", they will most certainly charge you $35 for a restock. I would plan to pay it no matter what, unless they admit there is a problem (unlikely).

Reactions: Crashumbc
Upvote 0
All I know is that if you are having issues with the phone, Verizon was always kind to me and would wave the restocking fee. If the store doesn't do it, call customer care explain the signal issue and they shouldn't have an issue giving you a credit on your bill for the restock fee.

Also you should have until 1/15 to return your phone.

Upvote 0
Everything I've heard is that the return date during the holiday period is until 1/15. And yes, since VZW has said there "is no signal issue", they will most certainly charge you $35 for a restock. I would plan to pay it no matter what, unless they admit there is a problem (unlikely).
I am also having voice issues,not just data issues. I did call tech support the other night and explained the issues iwas having and the tech admitted it was an issue of how the phone was calculating the signal and to have sim card switched out and if that don't work to exchange phone and an OTA was going to be out in a few weeks to fix issue. I switched sim cards but not really any change. I will call tomorrow and check return date. Not really another phone they have that I want..this sucks. Came from a droid x which is spent.

Upvote 0
All I know is that if you are having issues with the phone, Verizon was always kind to me and would wave the restocking fee. If the store doesn't do it, call customer care explain the signal issue and they shouldn't have an issue giving you a credit on your bill for the restock fee.

Also you should have until 1/15 to return your phone.

I spent almost an hour on the phone with Verizon technical support two days ago about my signal and battery drain issues and they flagged it on my account as a defective phone. So I can return it within my return period with what I assume is no restocking fee. I didn't even ask about a restocking fee because $35 is nothing when you consider how long you'll have the phone and the contract renewal committment. I'm assuming there will be none in my case but either way I ain't gonna make a big deal of it.

Upvote 0
Your best bet is likely to call and ask if you want to be certain. Many are stating it is until mid January, to which I am not arguing, but the rep who sold me my phone on the 15th told me without doubt that I had 14 days. Also, as mentioned, do a little constructive complaining and they will waive the restock fee.

The manager who sold me the nexus also said the return policy is 14 days, and he put it on the receipt.
I called customer service yesterday and they said that is incorrect for the holiday return policy.
They sent me a text stating that I have until January 15th. They also made a note in my account that I called to inquire about the return date and stated that it is until January 15th.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones