1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Question on returning X2 for Droid 3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Schreiber, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Schreiber

Schreiber Member
    None

Hey everyone, new to the forums (and to Android as a whole). I just upgraded to the Droid X2 on the 6th, the day before tiered data. After researching the X2 compared to the Droid 3, I believe I'd be more than willing to pay $35 to jump ship.

My question is what is the next step I take? Since I'm returning instead of ordering like normal, do I have to wait until the 14th and get it in store, or can I return and get the Droid 3 online?

Thanks for the help!

P.S. Don't get me wrong, loving the X2 so far. It's just that I've seen how many problems other people are having, I've already started to get multiple SMS's, and I would enjoy having Gingerbread!

Advertisement

2. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Stores should be able to order for you. D3 seems a better device, but not a given until people report on their experience with it.

CarLunchBox and Schreiber like this.
  3. Schreiber

Schreiber Member
    None

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'm usually an early adopter anyway, so I'm used to things being buggy for a bit. I'll report my findings once I get it!

4. Schreiber

Schreiber Member
    None

Well, good(ish) news! Talked to the store rep today. Found out if I returned the X2 today and had them order the D3 for me, it would take me off unlimited data since I didn't have a data plan prior to the X2. However, he said I can wait until they get them in stores on the 14th & do it then to keep unlimited. I'm officially numero uno on their waitlist :D

5. cookiemonster79

cookiemonster79 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 30, 2009
    A few things:

1) Since you are in your 14-day window, tell them you do not want to pay the restock fee since the Droid X2 has issues. I am sure you already ran into the issues (HD video recording issues, random reboots).

2) Call VZW tech support and see if they can do something better than the store offered. Your phone has issues, and you want to just get the Droid 3 (same cost).

I have been with Verizon for a while as a customer, just got my Droid X2. Due to the issues, I called tech support and told them I wanted a Droid 3 instead. Guess what phone I have in my hands this very moment? Yep the Droid 3. They shipped the Droid 3, and I just need to ship back the Droid X2.

To be clear - I do not work for Verizon, and you may not get the same answer as me. I just think it can't hurt to try.

6. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    unfortunately for me i want to return my t bolt for the D3 but i have to wait for best buy to get them in. i hope they start selling them a couple days early

7. nolinenowait

nolinenowait Newbie
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    I called a couple today and they both said they'd have it on the 14th.

8. mothbeast

mothbeast Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    What fees do they charge if you return a phone in the 14 day window for another model? We just got the Droid 2 for my husband but I think he'd like the keyboard on the Droid 3 better. I figure they'd charge any kind of price difference + $35?