1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Question on saving MP3 ringtones.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Madcadd1e, May 12, 2010.

1. Madcadd1e

Madcadd1e Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Los angeles
    Hey guys, I've been trolling thru these forums for quite some time lol and this is my first thread.

I love my incredible so much! upgraded from a Rooted G1 (it was dying on me :[ )

Well anyway, Here is my question.

Everytime I try to assign a ringtone to a contact, or phone ringtone, it always deletes itself... I did what was posted in a different thread ( Putting the music to my SD so ringdroid can read it, To making a ringtones folder and such.)

What I'm hoping to fix is the fact that everytime i edit the song with the Music players tone trimmer, It deletes... i go to the folder (.ringtonetrimmer) thru astro and all the tones i made are there... but when i try to set one as a ringtone... it doesnt even show up on the list... I dont want to be putting my music into the SD :/ considering i have 6 gbs on the Internal left.

Thanks for any feedback :)

Advertisement

2. eidolways

eidolways Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Computer Engineer
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm actually having the same issue. I just tried setting a song as the ringtone, no trimming. We'll see if it keeps.

3. elborak

elborak Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I can't speak to why the method you're using doesn't work, but here's what's worked for me.

Copy MP3 to SD card, open Ringdroid, edit to what I want, save as Ringtone. Voila!