• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question on transferring contacts...

I'm currently a Blackberry 8330 user and will be upgrading to either the Droid X or Droid 2 later this Summer. It will be my first Android phone and I'm looking forward to it! I have one simple question about this transition. I already have a Google account and have all my contacts saved there. I read a post a while back on here that if you don't have your phone numbers formatted in a certain way in your contact list, it may cause issues when transferring them to a new Android phone (multiple entries, missing entries, etc.). Maybe that wasn't a correct statement, but I wanted to ask the question anyway. Are Android phones picky about phone number formats? For example, should I save them online as xxx-xxx-xxxx or maybe 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx instead? Or should I not save them with any hyphens? I just want a seamless transition of my contacts from my Google account to the new phone without a bunch of re-typing or deleting, etc. Thanks for the help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones