• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root question on update/root

ok, I had my pantech rooted, no problems out of it until this update came along it wouldn't install something about signatures not verifying. so I unrooted, and tried it that way still wouldnt work. I restored my phone still wouldnt work, called verizon to see if it might be on their end. They descided it's a problem with my phone so they are sending me a new one. So I wanted to make sure I got all the tell tells of a root off my phone. Since I already unrooted, I descided only other thing was to get my bloat stuff back so I install his stockbreakout pre update. It worked fine my phone seems to be back to original stock. But the update still wont install. So I guess my question is what else do i need to do to make my phone back to stock or have I dont everything.:thinking:

We need a fxz or sbf for this phone. Having owned primarily moto phones this type of restore has become a crutch.

As far as the pre update patch posted here. I think the issue is your phone is rooted after you flash that patch. I think there are instructions to fix your issue in the pre update rom thread.

I went ahead and copied the post. see below

January 16th, 2012, 07:30 PM #5 (permalink) MMS

Device(s):

icon1.gif

Here's what I needed to do to get the updates to work:

1. Install CWM recovery
2. Wipe data / system reset
3. Install PRE-update ROM
4. Install Stock recovery
5. Run updates
6. Re-install CWM, root (if desired)

I'm up and running, with all the updates loaded.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones