1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

question on using free Dropbox storage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lefthand, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Lefthand

Lefthand Well-Known Member

Can anybody tell me if accessing the free 25GB Dropbox storage will eat into my data allowance? T-Mobile UK, to be specific. If it does I would probably have to look elsewhere for my next handset...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bigt

bigt Android Enthusiast

If you upload/download stuff while connected via 3g (mobile network) then yes it will eat into your data allowance (I think). If you upload/download stuff while connected to WiFi then no it won't eat into your data allowance.

3. Lefthand

The reason I'm asking for confirmation from One S users is because I saw this in Endgadget's review of the handset.
    " A recent HTC-Dropbox deal means you'll also net an extra 25GB of storage for two years once you log in to the cloud storage service -- and yes, it's in addition to your existing cap."
    Haven't seen anything similar in other reviews though. So can anybody confirm this?
    Cheers.

4. StarMenace

StarMenace Android Enthusiast

The existing cap is referring to your current cap within Dropbox. For instance, if your current cap is 2GB then you'll have 27GB with the One S. It has nothing to do with the data cap from your carrier.

Lefthand likes this.
  5. Lefthand

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up!

HTC One S Forum

The HTC One S release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, MSM8290 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews