1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Question on Verizon's return policy...

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by sinned, Dec 3, 2009.

1. sinned

sinned Member

Dec 1, 2009
    I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this subject for me...Yesterday I went to the Verizon store to take my Droid back...for a few reasons really. One of which is the reception problem that most have been having. I live approx. 2 to 3 miles from about 3 towers and AT BEST i get no better than -90 dbm...one would think that it would be better, but this is not really why I am posting. Anyway I went to take thr Droid back and GO BACK to the original phone that I had purchased almost a month ago...I am still within my 30 days. I was told that I would have to pay the FULL price of the Storm 2 because I had it once before then went to the Droid and now I would like to go back to the Storm 2...Has anyone ever heard of this. I just went through the ENTIRE return policy and not a single thing was stated on there about how many times you can bring a phone back OR your limited options on which phones you can get if previously had...and light shed on this matter would be a HUGE help...

Dennis

Advertisement

2. txa1265

txa1265 Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Dennis - did you ever get resolution?

I am now in the same boat. Got the Droid, was having some connectivity issues to my company and didn't like the keyboard, so I returned for the HTC Touch Pro 2 and was assured I could return again if not happy ... the TP2 is really lousy and I discovered with our IT what the issue was ... went to return today and was told 'sorry'! Called customer service and got the same thing, but am waiting on a call from a supervisor.

Basically:
    - I have receipts from my Droid and Touch Pro 2 (actually 2 for that one since it had to be shipped), both of which are identical and say 'can return in 30 days'. No mention of single return.
    - Printed entire return policy from the web site and it said 'can return in 30 days'. No mention of single return.
    - Looked all over the web site and found nothing.

I'm going to persevere ... this is not acceptable!