1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question! Please don't delete mods this is a general question

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by howaboutturkey, Dec 25, 2012.

1. howaboutturkey

Ok so this question goes out to all you tech guys. Have you seen the new LG Optimus G commercial for AT&T? Well I have a question for you all about it so go ahead an watch it if you haven't seen this yet.
    LG Optimus G commercial ad live without boundaries - YouTube

After watching that could anyone explain what that phone is running on to enable him to stop what he's doing bring up his text message and respond.
    I have a galaxy s3 I was wondering what firmware or what that phone is running on. I want to put that feature on my phone if possible.
    Please let me know what you think!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

It's custom LG firmware, much like multipane windows that are available for the Note 2.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Yup, its not going to be something that's easily ported because its proprietary LG software

4. 5280Man

5280Man Well-Known Member

The S3 has a very similar feature and it was the first of its kind. What the commercial is showing is how he can multitask while watching a video. The S3 can do it as well but only from the stock video player. I'm guessing it's only available on the stock player on the Optimus as well. When you're watching a video using the stock video player there's an option to shrink it and have all the other functions of the phone available. Samsung had a commercial showcasing this feature. A lot of people I know were saying that they'd never use the option. As cool as it may be it just isn't useful. Well, I can honestly say my daily habits counteract this logic. I actually do use the feature, and quite often. I often watch tv shows, movies or videos with my headphones in while eating lunch at work. If I get an email, text message or want to do something I can shrink the video take care of the task at hand and still pay attention to the video. LG does have theirs come up a little different. Theirs is a shaded overlay over the entire video. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Keep in mind that the multi screen feature on the Note 2 is coming to the S3.