• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question re: how you sort your 7 desktop pages

embuchho

Mar 25, 2011
I'm wondering if people find it useful to make each of the 7 desktop pages (is that the right term?) its own category.

For example, a Facebook page, a utilities page, a home page, a telephony page (I really like that one widget icon per selected contact so I can call or text someone quickly), a media page (images, music, etc.), a fun page (with everything from a calculator to an IQ test to German/French/English/Whatever translator).

Just wondering how you guys approach it.

Thanks.

Thats pretty much how I do it. Main page has contacts, maps, messages, email, etc. One page for settings (audio manager, setcpu, power control widget), one for media/music apps, one for facebook/twitter..

You main page is almost the same as mine. I only use four out of the seven screens. Once I figure out which music player is best that will be my fifth screen

Right now my lineup is:
  • On my main page - Everyday essentials Camera, Calendar, tasks, email, google talk, google chat google search & contacts.
  • to the left of the main page - GPS based stuff like foursquare (plus individual foursquare shortcuts), foodspotting, Gowalla
  • to the left of the above page - Settings apps and widgets. Battery indicator, 4G switch/toggle, Profile switch/toggle,
  • to the right of the main page - I have secondary essentials. opentable, twitter, facebook, internet, voice recorder, tipmaster, tango, etc.

Upvote 0
Centre page is for commonly used items or items I need to access quickly or if I'm in the car. I have my clock, weather, auto-rotate and brightness widgets. I also have shortcuts to Navigation, Sound Hound (you never know when you hear a song on the radio that you want to know what it is), Gmail, Message, FB and browser (currently Opera Mini 6).

First page to the right is the full page Friend Stream widget.

Second page to the right is the full page Twitter for HTC widget.

Third page to the right is a bunch of shortcuts to utility apps such as the Marketplace, File Manager, Google search apps, bar code reader, etc.

First page to the left is my news page. I have The Score widget for sports scores. I also have shortcuts to Pulse and other news readers, Dilbert, Tennis app, and secondary browsers (stock Android and Opera Mobile).

Second page to the left is my games/calendar page. I have the calendar widget at the top. On the bottom are shortcuts to games and music player.

Third page to the left is my full page Contacts widget.

So far, I haven't had the need to use multiple scenes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones