1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question regarding call log

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tabagail, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Tabagail

Tabagail Lurker

I have Boost Mobile. Why does the number 4699829999 keep showing up on my call logs? Not one my phone but on my bill?

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Only Boost mobile can answer that question

3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

To be clear, that number is only showing up on your bill, but not on the call log in your phone?

Have you blocked this number?
    Have you tried to call this number?
    (to see what/who it is)

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. puppykickr

Just so you know, I called it.
    It went through (Texas), but there was no sound.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Tabagail

Tabagail Lurker

Correct.... On my bill not my phone. I have not blocked this number. It always shows up as an outgoing call for only 1 minute or 2 minutes. I HAVE tried to call it, but get nothing. I searched it on Been verified... Only days it's a Texas number. There are other comments as well on Been Verified asking the same question. People are only guessing...I thought since you guys seemed a lot more knowledgeable, that maybe you could tell me. I'm not thinking it's an actual person. I'm thinking it has something to do with an app or maybe something to do with Boost... But I don't know... Only guessing.

6. puppykickr

It sounds like possibly a Boost thing, but there are apps that have sneaky permissions built in to them.

Even games can sometimes have permission to make calls without your knowlege.

If it is not costing you anything extra, then it's not a severe issue, but could still be a privacy breech.

There is an app that can help you discover which apps on your device have permission to make calls without your permission.

https://addons-detector.en.uptodown.com/android

7. puppykickr

Once you find out which apps could be responsible, you can uninstall, disable, delete, or use a firewall to prevent access.

Try one at a time until the calls stop being made.

Then figure out what to do with that app.

https://noroot-firewall.en.uptodown.com/android

8. Tabagail

Tabagail Lurker

9. Tabagail

Tabagail Lurker

To be honest it's my boyfriend's phone. We have a shared account. That's why I'm trying to figure it out... Lol
    I DID think it might be an app ... But of course I didn't know so I was asking. AThank you for the help. I'll try that.

puppykickr likes this.

LM-K500 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews