1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Question regarding root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by juanito157, Jul 13, 2011.

1. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Currently Unemployed ;(
    Chi-Town
    Problems I would like to fix ...Since the update I'm getting 1 bar of 4g where I normally get full bars also I would really like to boost the volume of this phone when wearing headphones ..Will rooting solve these issues? and what is the best Rom out out there? Thank you and your help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. scotty85

scotty85 Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    i wouldnt place so much importance on the number of bars you see. if you look in settings/about phone how many db of signal do you have? do some speed tests and see what your upload/download speeds are. i use this app but there are prolly others.

being rooted will let you run many different custom roms,and will likely boost your phones performance,including download speeds. if youre not happy being rooted its quite possible to unroot,no biggie.

as for the headphone volume,id think its possible,but i have no idea how youd go about doing it.

id suggest reading and researching the root procedure and and what folks are saying about the various roms theyre running. start with the stickys at the top,let us know if you have any questions :)

juanito157 likes this.
  3. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Currently Unemployed ;(
    Chi-Town
    Appreciate the advise and I remember all to well about signal bars and there importance from owning the incredible but I think I have an issue. Regardless of the importance of signal strength bars. The mere fact that I held a FULL signal 100% of the time and now I dont is indicative of a problem ..I'm not sure if the recent ota update is the problem or Big Red is having issues but not only are my bars down but the entire evening I've been through 4G, 3g and 1x and I keep getting check your internet connection even during the rare moments when it grabed a full 4G signal ... The traffic arrows wouldn't move and still I get "PLEASE CHECK YOUR INTERNET SETTINGS" Thanks again for your time