1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Question regarding the speed of the phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by unity04, May 19, 2011.

1. unity04

unity04 Well-Known Member

I was trying this phone out at Best Buy today and was using the stock web browser and noticed it lags a lot.. I had the iPhone 4 beside it, and it seemed the iPhone 4 rendered pages quicker and was A LOT smoother scrolling.. both used the same WiFi signal... do you notice your Arc is slow for browsing/choppy? I'm thinking of buying one but after seeing that in store I might by an iPhone 4 or Incredible S

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert

As long as i've got a good data connection i dont notice much in the way of lag.

Mt htc hero was very slow using the stock browser, to the extent that i switched to an alternative, which helped quite a bit. So far using the arc i havent felt the need to switch from stock.

I think the iphone will always tend to feel more responsive because the software is coded for exactly one hardware configuration, so it can be better optimised. Android software has to have alot more flexibility, which costs. Also android does a lot more stuff than IOS, has more going on the background (true multi tasking, widgets, notification processes, etc) and will render flash on websites, all of which can cause a performance hit.

3. streber

streber Newbie

i havent noticed anything wrong with the browser, i like it cause of flash support :)) the best thing

4. glendelberg

glendelberg Lurker

I just upgraded from a Hero and can access the internet where the Hero couldn't
    and at fast speeds. I'm more than happy with the stock browser.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews