1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Question regarding wireless tethering w/ froyo...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmichael37, Jan 22, 2011.

1. jmichael37

jmichael37 Newbie
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    I'm trying to get everything set up with 2.2.1 and just going through some things and after doing a little research, you apparently have to pay per month for the 3g mobile hotspot app (which is ridiculous in itself, nvm the fact that apparently the ally isn't supported either through vzw). Anyway, I did read of a workaround for it by using lgservicemenu, but I was actually wondering if other wireless tethering apps would still work or not, AND, if they do, good old verizon isn't going to force any charges will they? It's not something I use all that often, there is times it's convenient, but I just want to try and clear this up for myself and anyone else who may use hotspot. Regardless, thanks for your time.

And also as a side note I'm using rooted froyo per tridents guide--exceptional work!!! donations will be made

Advertisement

2. GRZLA

GRZLA Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Have you tried Barnacle?

Also for future reference, if there is already a thread regarding the information you are looking for you can post in it with whatever it is you are curious about. This helps declutter the forums and make the forum a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

3. jmichael37

jmichael37 Newbie
    None

Dec 11, 2010

Sorry about that. And yes i have, seems like it works but i cant get anything to work though. Never had a problem before, but I know how these things are sometimes, and none of the devices I had would even attempt to connect.

It's something that can be done without in my case, just trying to find some clarification or if anyone knows of any apps that would work with root, as wifi tether does definitely have its uses at times.

Here is the workaround per d2a, seems to be the only option. It is what it is. Thank you.

4. JokaLo

JokaLo Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    I have velocity 0.4 and it came with a tethering app, all i did was open and click and my laptop picked it up immediately, but in order for them to charge it would say in the license and aggrements for the app, they cant just charge you without a warning

5. netizenmt

netizenmt Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    Technical Support
    Mansfield, OH
    He meant Verizon charging him for using Wireless tethering, I think. And that IS covered in the phone contract.

6. jmar

jmar Nexican
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    Male
    Sales
    San Jose, CA
    the xxxxxxxxx's are your 10 digit mobile phone number

did you try that?

Tags: