• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question - Screen Door Effect??

viper134

Lurker
Aug 24, 2010
Hi Guys,

I'm going to be getting the Samsung Epic 4g from Sprint when it comes out. It will be my first android phone and after reading the reviews i'm really excited about it. I just went to the t-mobile store to check out the Samsung Vibrant and noticed the screen quality wasn't that good, at least outside of the Avatar movie. I noticed the screen door effect was pretty prominent. My iPod Touch 2g i'm sad to say looks better (outside of movies). I'm hoping that this is perhaps because it was a bad unit or that the screens on the Samsung Galaxy S family vary somewhat across carriers. Any better info would be great.

Thanks,
Bobbie

A reasonable distance like I would hold my ipod touch when reading something. After doing extensive research i think it may just be individual units. I have yet to see a review of the epic that discusses the effect. Its most prominent when I look at the edges of images, i see a dotted outline of some sort.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones