• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question to Former HTC Legend Users

staffsmatt

Jun 7, 2010
Hi, I currently have a HTC legend amd am thinking of upgrading.

I was wondering if the desire S would show a marked improvement on performance / multitasking over the Legend?

I don't want a multimedia power house just a decent phone that zips along nicely through menus etc...

Also is the Desire S easier to root than the Legend, or have HTC tied this down as well?

Many thanks

I used the Legend before Desire S, I was hesitating as I didn't think it would be that much of an improvement. However, the new version of Sense is so much better and that was a really good improvement for me. Also, it's really good that the Desire S has so much more internal RAM. The extra screen size is also a boost.

It is faster but the Legend is still a good phone so might not be that noticeable, although I'm not a 'power user' really.

I hope that helps a bit? Might be worth having a play with a Desire S in a store?

Terry

Reactions: staffsmatt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones