• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question To Those Apple Users Not Owning Android

Because it's an open and public forum, why not? :D

What should be more concerning is how many discussions here degrade into the following format, when I attempt to participate in them:

"ifail sux because it broke when dropped roflcakes" - Random person

"Actually, any phone dropped has the chance of breaking..ectect" - Me

"ur jus another dum brainwashed ifail ifanboy lololol" - Random person

It's really pathetic, the sheer number of members who conduct themselves in the above fashion. But it reveals that many members here either deeply resent or have a seething hatred towards Apple users, like myself, who are guilty of nothing more than preferring one brand name over another.

That's all.

I was reading an article one night about tablet PC's and the new plethora of android models coming out this year. when I got to the bottom and began reading the comments i was introduced to some of the most hateful brand mongering i've ever seen from ipad users just ripping up products that never came to market yet.

I continued to read it as it degraded into an onslaught of personal insults toward anyone with an actual opinion on the devices being reviewed. Even the users NAMES were insults toward android users, and signatures.

I think the moral is obvious. Everywhere you go, there are A##holes waiting to do what a##holes do. No matter what brand loyalty they are brainwashed into...

AS for the OP's topic. I think it's a valid question. I have NO desire to go into iphone forums whatsoever. And so am reading this thread for any enlightenment as to the motivation.

Upvote 0
Alieno.....

Actually....some folks responded to u civilized and u seem to ignore them .....and focus on other folks...

Thank you. I have tried to join in at the intelligent rational level of discussion with this individual and summarily get ignored. I have noticed two distinct patterns of posting with Alieno. One he/she only posts in iPhone related topics that promote some conflict or comparison to Android. And second, the response is always how the Android proponents are full of hate and resentment which he/she is the picture or reason.

I have several theories as to why someone like this would continue to post here. The first is to simply stir the pot, as it were. There are people who will argue about anything regardless of topic or point of view. They simply enjoy the feelings of superiority when they believe they've won. The second is they feel somehow as a defender of the faith ... a modern day Don Quixote. They latch on to misconceptions and find it their duty to dispel them. I myself am guilty of doing this on occasion. Finally, and probably more suited to an episode of the X-files, is that they are paid by a corporate entity or PR firm to find influential digital venues and promote a specific set of ideas. While the last sounds a bit paranoid, it actually does go on much more frequently than many people would believe. The problem, which is why it's such an effective marketing tool, is that it's very difficult to prove.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
Exactly, it would be like going to a Yankees fan forum as a Red Soxs fan and only posting when something came up about the Soxs...

On topic tho, I visit some iphone forums, I don't really post much input just read on certain features and how they are working out.. I really don't have any interest in getting an iphone ever, I just like to see how the iphone is evolving. AND I always stay out of the Android iphone fights, its not worth it.. esp since both choices work well.. its really just preference.

I havent joined any other forums related to other phones yet, but I do browse them. I even hang out in other phone sections here. (I have a Droid and X) I'm trying to see whats going on with the upcoming Win 7 phones right now.

I found out today browsing the EVO section the EVO has a feature with chrome to phone the Droid doesnt have, I dont know if the X has it: sending phone numbers to the phone. Everytime I tried it on my Droid it just brings up the dialer with no number....browsing the diferent sections shows me things other phones lack, things the Droid and maybe X lacks. There a few features the EVO and Samsung phones have I wish the X had.

On a side note: I was pleasantly surprised going to a Mac oriented forum recently....it was hard to tell: the vast majority of them agreed Apple was losing its mind with the antenna campaign. lol I was checking join dates to see if these ppl just joined; most if not all had been members for months and years.

Upvote 0
I found out today browsing the EVO section the EVO has a feature with chrome to phone the Droid doesnt have, I dont know if the X has it: sending phone numbers to the phone. Everytime I tried it on my Droid it just brings up the dialer with no number....browsing the diferent sections shows me things other phones lack, things the Droid and maybe X lacks. There a few features the EVO and Samsung phones have I wish the X had.
Pretty sure Chrome to phone is a Froyo only feature. Works on my OTA leaked Incredible. So you will probably get in time on X :D

Upvote 0
Seeing Alieno waffle back and forth and backpedal while running full-tilt at strawmans is hilarious.

One of the above posters makes a good point: you generally don't see Android users showing up at iPhone/Apple forums to tout the amazingness of Android while deriding Apple's ecosystem. Yes, this happens on Android forums (big DUH) and on "neutral" grounds like Engadget comment section et al, but generally it doesn't show up on Apple/iOS-centric forums. Yet the reverse happens--you see Apple fans showing up on Android communities trolling aplenty.

Why is this?

Upvote 0
Maybe it was like that in the beginning when u first joined or I missed some stuff, I cant speak about PM's....but what u describe I havent seen alot of lately in threads.

It's around, but it simply gets ignored (or is condoned?) due to the fact that those who regurgitate that kind of nonsense are Droid users. I can see someone who has posted in this thread already, who said awhile back that "nothing of value would be lost if Apple users ceased to exist"--you know, rabid seething hatred like that belongs at a hate rally, not a discussion about cellular phones. BUT, regardless of whatever they said in this thread, will be simply be ignored (as I suspect it's directed at me) as I have been adding the people who I know are trolls to my ignore list. :)

And if u do get an avalanche of responses like that....then why subject yourself to it....if u dont have to......?

Oh I certainly don't. :) I've been here long enough already to decipher who the trolls are, and they are on my ignore list. I've also noticed in the past few days that the nasty personal (and racist?) insult filled PMs have been dramatically tapering off.

Upvote 0
Seeing Alieno waffle back and forth and backpedal while running full-tilt at strawmans is hilarious.

One of the above posters makes a good point: you generally don't see Android users showing up at iPhone/Apple forums to tout the amazingness of Android while deriding Apple's ecosystem. Yes, this happens on Android forums (big DUH) and on "neutral" grounds like Engadget comment section et al, but generally it doesn't show up on Apple/iOS-centric forums. Yet the reverse happens--you see Apple fans showing up on Android communities trolling aplenty.

Why is this?

That's a lie. Macrumors has about 8-9 Android faithfuls who flame anyone using an iPhone.

Upvote 0
woah now there genius. join date is right there under you name. "been here long enough" doesnt apply.

u are attention seeking!!

Is there some sort of arbitrary time frame that must be met before I can safely say that certain forum members here who are not interested in discussion and resort to personal insults are trolls?

I dont think so. I know who the trolls are and they are on my ignore list :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
And contrary to the claims above, not willing to engage in intelligent debate. I fear i am on Alieno's ignore list. I wen't back through my posts and this was the last post i made before i was given the cold shoulder.

http://androidforums.com/lounge/85874-apple-hate-9.html#post1090249

Obviously i am an abusive troll.

You are not on my ignore list and i do not consider you a troll :) im active in many threads and sometimes i have difficulty remembering whih ones to check for replies

Upvote 0
So basically your entire post before where you said that you don't see Android users on iPhone/Apple forums to tout the amazingness of Android was, you know, wrong?

Well, he said you "generally" don't see Android users in Apple/iPhone forums, not that you never see them. And 8 or 9 of them out of a pretty large community isn't very many, so in general" you don't see very many of them.

Upvote 0
Well, he said you "generally" don't see Android users in Apple/iPhone forums, not that you never see them. And 8 or 9 of them out of a pretty large community isn't very many, so in general" you don't see very many of them.

Well I'd say there's only 4-5 iPhone users actively posting on Androidforums, so you "generally" don't see it happening here either.

Upvote 0
Well I'd say there's only 4-5 iPhone users actively posting on Androidforums, so you "generally" don't see it happening here either.

Let me reiterate.

This isn't an iphone forum, its an android forum. So when the majority of your posts are defending Apple's archaic system, and putting down all else, how can you not expect backlash? Furthermore, a quick review of your post history will sow you haven't always been so leveled headed or "nice" yourself, so who are you to throw the first stone?

If one or a few of us trolled an apple/ios forum/website, I'm pretty sure we'd expect backlash and conflict, as any persn with common sense would.

So unless you lack common sense, you do expect conflict and backlash judging from your post history and demeanor, ergo, your here to start trouble because you know that's exactly what's going to happen.

Upvote 0
Just an open question really. I see quite a lot of this here. The question is:

Why do I see lots of members that have an iPhone (and no android phone) on this forum?

If you are one of them care to answer? Is it you are thinking about moving to android or something?

Btw anyone turning this into a flamefest will have their posts removed, and action taken, considering I've just made it clear it won't be tolerated.

How about you two go play in your little thread and lets try not to get this one locked, m'kay? M'kay.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier to try to get this thread back on track: I have an iPhone 3Gs, and while it's nice once it's jailbroken, I want a more open system to play on. My next phone will most likely be Android, so I am here on this site to keep up with what's going on in the World of Android so I'll be ready to rock when I make the move.

Upvote 0
You are not on my ignore list and i do not consider you a troll :) im active in many threads and sometimes i have difficulty remembering whih ones to check for replies

I appreciate the response although I find it just a bit difficult to swallow. As Desi Arnaz said so eloquently ... lemme 'splain ...

You have made 75 posts total in approximately 25 threads in the month and a half you've been a member. Within those threads you've managed to reply to others who have commented directly to you but have not responded to my comments, some of which were made directly to you. It is very easy to quickly see the threads you have participated in on your statistics page and which have been updated recently, even if you don't subscribe to those threads.

I can appreciate that you may have other forums you visit and actively participate in, but you make it a point to be here. I can also understand that you may not have a response to my comment, but it would be nice to receive an acknowledgment occasionally to the more involved responses, even if it is a simple word or two. A good number of your posts criticize "droid users" as being rude and resentful towards iPhone owners. Would it not be prudent to exercise simple courtesy as a demonstration that some iPhone proponents are not deserving of the reputation which they have unfairly earned?

In any case you need not reply to this. I would, however, appreciate it in the future that if I find it appropriate to comment to you in a thread in which you are actively participating in, that you simply acknowledge that you have read it, even if you have no other response to the comment.

Upvote 0
Me: "Actually, Apple's marketing is no different than any other major corporation and it shouldn't come as a surprise that they will vehemently defend their products."

The thing is... Apple's marketing IS different than other major corporations.

I don't see other major corporations having their ads smacked by governments for being deceptive.

I don't see other major corporations defend their ads in a lawsuit by saying that "a reasonable person could not take their claims as statements of fact".

You seem to ignore that though, and continue on that Apple's marketing is no different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones