• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question: USB Wifi - how do you get it to work

USB Wifi Dongle to work with Remix OS Jan 2017 v6.1

• Possible?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Possible?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Traer

Lurker
Jan 26, 2017
Question: USB Wifi - how do you get it to work??
I just tried the newest Android RemixOS as of Jan 25 2017. I read some of what you all have here and I was very impressed with your knowledge, however I have no idea what some of this stuff means even though I can regedit.exe and toss code around in C# and VB .NET and use Framework like a boss. Meaning, if I had the exact steps to fix my problem that would be GREAT! * My problem, I only have a USB Wifi, my USB keboard and mouse work fine but RemixOS Marshmello will not work together. It just shows the Wifi off and when I click the toggle button to turn it on it just scans. Advanced under Wifi has nothing I can work with. I heard that the problem -used- to be that USB was not supported at all but my keyboard and mouse work. So is there anything I can do to make the USB Wifi work, I have no internal Wifi for this computer -or- is that the best solution, just get an internal Wifi board that supports 2.4Ghz (which I read somewhere was the other problem, only 2.4Ghz is supported). Also I have no access to my Landlords Wifi so I am unable to play around with it.

Follow up Question: What is rooting and why is it better and why doesn't RemixOS just make everything rooted (since it sounds better and everyone wants RemixOs this way)? Rooted sounds to me like its, "written in stone" but it sounds like it makes it so people can get access to things?

** I already installed RemixOS Jan 2017 version if I have to Root do I uninstall RemixOS first, if so how do you install it from your PC if it made your system into a dual boot? ** Or do you all mean uninstall RemixOS then edit the ISO and put the mentioned code for init() into the init.sh file? is that the Trick?

*** Additionally for anyone that doesn't understand what I said above cuz I am sure I am clear as Mud on my questions. My Wifi is a stick (dongle?), that is attached to a USB cord that then goes into the Back of my computer into a USB 3.0 port. I have no internal Wifi board and the motherboard is 6 years old and doesn't have much integreated into it except sound, maybe grafx VGA but I installed a RX 780 for a good graphics card.

*** I also forgot to mention it dual boots just fine, just no internet. Thx!

>>>>>> Someone said try USB On-The-Go will this help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones