• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question with custom roms

keerf

Nov 16, 2009
Hi All,

I'm running bugless beast 0.7.5 right now. Is it advisable when upgrading to say bugless 0.7.6 to do a full wipe again? Or can I safely only do an update. I don't mind doing a wipe, but I wonder if it is truly needed.

Thanks all for any help!

That's like asking if I can upgrade Windows or should I format and clean install.

While the technically correct answer would be to wipe and install (thereby eliminating any problematic apps that may not work with the new ROM that worked perfectly fine with the old ROM - for example, I have 161 apps installed - trying to figure out which one is all of a sudden causing home to FC after upgrading a ROM is going to be a major PITA, much more so than wiping and then installing my apps one at a time and testing compatibility....

The answer *I* am gonna give is that, IMO, since the ROM is by the same person in hte same style (IOW, and incremental update to the ROM you now have installed) more than likely it should be OK to update.

As always, though, YMMV, and Use at your own risk.

Upvote 0
I went back to 0.7.5. Cause I had some reboots happening with .6

Not sure if I got a bad flash or something, or maybe just my own paranoid feelings. I'm not even over clocking that high, only 800mhz. The one thing I noticed was that the setcpu profiles only clocked down to 600mhz when charging, even though I set it to 500.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones