• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question with "send message" under a contact

Hey everyone,

This is my first help post so please be kind... :eek:. Lol

I noticed when I imported my contacts from my gmail account, that the phone is giving me the option to send a SMS message to every single number listed not just mobile numbers. Why would i want to send a text message to a land line phone that can't receive them?

Is anyone else seeing this? I checked out a friends Eris and she is showing the send message option for mobile numbers only. Is there a setting I'm missing for this? I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't find anything on this.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Might have something to do with how it is inputed.

I just double checked and contacts labeled only as home have that option. I am very picky and mostly enter numbers as either mobile, home or work depending on what the number is calling. It's a pretty good catch, not sure why it'd allow that, but then again some of the newer carriers (VoIP and similar) allow text type messaging to your "home" line.

Reactions: Bill6090
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones