• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Questions about: Battery, Rom, Kernal, etc.

bcrtj457

Feb 26, 2010
Illinois
I have several questions, I'll just give you the rundown of what's going on. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I just ordered the seidio battery for my phone (3500).

the battery widget i downloaded is telling me 92% left on battery, and the little icon in the task bar is showing completely full.
Are the widgets pretty accurate with what they display as to what's really left on the battery?

also, when I first got this battery, I put it on the external charger for 12 hours(tuesday night). what else do i need to do to ensure it's going to fully charge while charging IN my phone? This morning this is what I did: charged til all the way green, turned phone off, charging light turned back orange so i waited until it was green again, booted into recovery using clockwork, and then wiped battery stats. this only being my second charge, i know it can take up to 5 or 6 charges to reach battery's full potential, but i have unplugged it and not really used it since 7:30am. my battery widget is telling me I only have 90% left (dropped 2% already while posting this). that seems like it drained that first 10% really quickly. also, i have made another thread about my phone being awake 100% of the time, so I am sure this is contributing to it.

Here is all the info about my phone:
I am rooted.
Rom: 3.26.651.6---Froyo DeOdexed RevE3
Kernal: 2.6.32.15-g746f4f0
htc-kernal@and18-2 #58
PRL Version 60670
PRI Version 1.34_003 (which I can't get updated no matter what i've tried)
baseband version 2.15.00.07.28

I'm using HTC Sense as my launcher.
I am using multicon so i can utilize more of my homescreen with more apps. Other than that, not using any other widgets besides the weather widget.

I can't figure out what's keeping my phone awake.
how do I ensure that my battery is going to get a FULL charge while IN my phone.
Trouble updating PRI
I can't get wireless tether to work. (a whole other issue)

If anyone can help with any of these issues, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have several questions, I'll just give you the rundown of what's going on. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I just ordered the seidio battery for my phone (3500).

the battery widget i downloaded is telling me 92% left on battery, and the little icon in the task bar is showing completely full.
Are the widgets pretty accurate with what they display as to what's really left on the battery?

also, when I first got this battery, I put it on the external charger for 12 hours(tuesday night). what else do i need to do to ensure it's going to fully charge while charging IN my phone? This morning this is what I did: charged til all the way green, turned phone off, charging light turned back orange so i waited until it was green again, booted into recovery using clockwork, and then wiped battery stats. this only being my second charge, i know it can take up to 5 or 6 charges to reach battery's full potential, but i have unplugged it and not really used it since 7:30am. my battery widget is telling me I only have 90% left (dropped 2% already while posting this). that seems like it drained that first 10% really quickly. also, i have made another thread about my phone being awake 100% of the time, so I am sure this is contributing to it.

I am rooted.
htc-kernal@and18-2 #58
PRL Version 60670

I am using multicon so i can utilize more of my homescreen with more apps. Other than that, not using any other widgets besides the weather widget.

how do I ensure that my battery is going to get a FULL charge while IN my phone.
Trouble updating PRI

First thing first,the battery icon on the task bar is gonna show full until your battery goes bellow 90% so I'm pretty sure the widget is accurate.

Anywhere I read about this batteries I see people complaining about loosing 10% of their battery pretty quick. I just ordered mines so I will have more to comment on this once I get it. In the mid time try reading on xda they have subforum with a big wright up about it I just can't seem to find the link to post it here. Good luck resolving it issues.

Upvote 0
I know this isnt really the question but...

I am rooted.
htc-kernal@and18-2 #58
PRL Version 60670

Trouble updating PRI

I had the same problem with the PRI, i flashed RA Recovery, did a backup, flashed stock odex 2.2 and followed the instructions
##786# Maters Reset:

1: Do a NAND Backup 1st...
2: Dial ##786#
3: Hit Menu
4: Press Reset
5: Enter your MSL 6 digit number
6: Phone will reboot into recovery mode
7: Wipe Cache/Dalvik x2
8: Reboot

The phone will go through handsfree activation and update the PRI to 1.40
If it did not just repeat the process until it does.

and it worked the first time for me with the recovery other than clockwork

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones