1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

questions about bootloader and recovery messages. NAND/s-off setting question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tlucyk, Nov 3, 2010.

1. tlucyk

tlucyk Lurker

Currently running DeFroST 6.0 forHTC desire (AOSP FRG83 + CyanogenMod)
    I rooted using unrevoked 3
    I installed defrost 5.9via Rom manager then upgraded to 6.0 via defrost settings.

3 questions possibly unrelated

when I run bootloader I see 'no image' and 'wrong image' messages displayed

I am unable to delete stock apps that came with the defrost Rom. In root explorer I mount r /w and delete an app. Confirm delete message shows up. But when I exit app is still there in the drawer functioning normally.
    I was told this could be because NAND is locked. I understand that it should be unlocked when the unrevoked root was performed. I suspect that the error message - not enough space I saw in recovery might have something to do with the NAND setting.

Before I installed defrost 5.9 I tried to install the cyanogen 6 Rom via Rom manager. I saw 'not enough space. On device' or something similar (can't remember exactly) displayed in recovery. i think this might have something to do wit NAND setting as well

btw my desire is CDMA

Can any body shed some light on this. im a newb so simple terms please

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

You need s-off to delete anything in /system via root explorer. This involves flashing a new hboot. If not, dalvik cache rebuilds your apps list.

Personally I just delete apps from sdcard/defrostsetup/rom.zip/system/app and reflash it.

Space on devicce is not affected as that referes to /data/app which flashing a new rom does not wipe.

If you have partitioned an ext partition on your sd card, then you would use a2sd+.

You should backup your sd contents, use rom manager to create an ext partition, restore your sd csard, take a titanium backup, do a factory reset then do a titanium restore.

Although the reset and titanium stuff may not be neccessary.

Download quick system info to see if 12SD has worked.

3. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

CDMA desire should be s-off from unrevoked

unrevoked3 will permanently unlock NAND write protection by default on the following phones:

• Sprint EVO 4G
    • Droid Incredible (HTC Incredible)
    • HTC Desire CDMA (HTC BravoC)

SUroot likes this.
  4. SUroot

There maybe was a problem with bravo bravoc identification in that kernel. Not sure that would make a difference though

5. tlucyk

tlucyk Lurker

i think something went wrong with the rooting process.

i rooted using unrevoked3 via mac. in bootloader i tried unrevoked the forever process and got a unsupported system error.

what do the no image! wrong image messages mean?

help is much appreciated.

6. SUroot

Think they all do that

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews