1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Questions about checking email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ughazi93, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ughazi93

ughazi93 Lurker
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    I set up both the gmail app and regular email app to notify me of new email so I could see which is faster. The gmail app seems to notify me instantly while the email app takes a little while. Its there any way to make the email app notify me instantly?

Advertisement

2. mugziegumz

mugziegumz Newbie
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    I do the same. I use Yahoo as my email. You have to go into the settings of your email..like Yahoo for example. So, open your email on your phone, click menu (bottom left corner of your phone, on your actual phone....took me a bit to learn that). Tap MORE, choose Account Settings, Email check frequency. I have yahoo customized for every hour....

3. Wifi-Naught Odin

None

Jun 18, 2010

I too prefer the Infuses built in email app for reading my gmail. Sure the new-mail notifications don't roll is as instantly as the gmail app but that's ok the Infuse mail's pretty ;) (white letters on black -vs- gmail's black on white).

In the Infuse mail menu, I set it to check for new mail every five minutes. I even froze the gmail app with Gemini to be done with it and that keeps me from getting double notices and checking the same mail box twice.