• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Questions about DInc

icrazy2u

Aug 1, 2010
I plan on getting the droid today (Tuesday). I just wanna make sure I know what i'm getting. I plan on getting the rubber case Verizon offers also. Does anyone else have this case, does it fit well in pocket? Also, will the battery get me through the day with moderate use? Can't get car charger cause I use a radar detector with all the cops around here. -Thanks

I've never had a case on any of my phones and they have all lasted with only minor wear and tear. That's three phones for two years each. So I can't help you with that.

The battery life is all up to you. If you turn off all the bells and whistles like window animations and lower the screen brightness and stay in an area with decent reception, you should make it over 18 hours before hitting the battery low mark, around 15%.

Upvote 0
Do you mean a silicone case? Soft or hard silicone? I haven't tried the hard silicone, but it is popular here.

The stock battery may or may not last you a day, depending on how many bells and whistles you're willing to turn off and how much time you spend in low signal areas. I bought an extended battery and have never regretted it, although it does restrict my choice of cases to those that can be modded to accomodate the extra thickness. Without it I'd still be lugging the charger to work with me.

Upvote 0
I highly recommend the Verizon high gloss hard silicone case for your DInc. I was skeptical at first, but it's a nice sleek fit w/ a good rubbery grip. I have dropped my phone a few times from about 3-4 ft and it has gone unscathed. Seems to provide adequate shock protection. I bought mine on eBay for $9.99 w/ free shipping from the seller - ezramosseri. I plan on eventually picking up the Otterbox Defender when it's released... but this case works well for now.

ezramosseri items - Get great deals on Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com!

I also recommend getting a good screen protector like the Steinheil Crystal Clear or Phantomskinz.

Reactions: pjurbina
Upvote 0
I also have the Verizon black high gloss silicone case and love it.
I would highly recommend it.

+1

There's a red option too but I like the black one. People have looked at my phone and asked if I plan to get a case. I'm like...I already have a case on it! Haven't dropped it yet but I like it cuz the camera isn't directly on the surface and it doesn't add much to the phone, size and weight wise.

Edit: Had to make myself knock on wood. Now I'm going to drop it lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones