1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Questions About Email App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dozment, May 24, 2011.

1. dozment

dozment Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2010
    I've got a couple of questions about the default Messages app. I'm using the Universal Inbox, and I've got several email accounts set up - two Exchange and one IMAP.

Question 1: I would like to be able to set notifications based on the account. For example, I want alerts when I receive email in the Exchange accounts, but I would like to not recieve an alert on new mail in the IMAP account. I think I was able to do this with my Captivate, but can't with the Atrix. For now, I've got the IMAP account in K-9. Any way to do this with the default mail app?

Question 2: On the captivate I could sort messages so that all unread messages were at the top. Any way to do that with the default mail app on the Atrix?

Thanks!
    Dan

Advertisement

2. Jedii

Jedii Android Expert
    None

May 4, 2010
    Analyst
    Arkansas
    Dan,

To answer your first question:

You'll need to open each account separately(not using the universal) and then via the setting within that account, change your notifications

I've never carried a captivate so I'm not entirely sure how to do what you are attempting to do. I just checked my Atrix and I cannot find any way to sort by unread.

3. dozment

dozment Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2010
    Thanks, Jedii. Do I do that in the Messaging app - where I see the icon for Universal Inbox and icons for each individual email account? I tried there and setting it for one seemed to change it for all.
    Dan