1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions about ICS ROMs, AOKP & stock builds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Have 3 questions...

1) I have tried many ICS ROMs, CM9, D4, AndyX, & WanamLite.. Are there any other really good ones and can your provide links?

2) What is AOKP and what are the "variants" can someone explain that and how it works?

3) What's the latest firmware, i have lost count, is it LPQ, LPS or some other one I haven't seen yet?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Take your pick.... Galaxy S II Original Android Development - xda-developers

Android Open Kang Project.... basically alternative vanilla builds based on AOSP, just like CM9. They differ in customisation features, menu layouts/content etc. See What is AOKP?! (and Features List) - AOKP - RootzWiki

Only the build date will reveal that. The "latest" released isn't necessarily the most recently-built so the version strings can be misleading. The most recent listed here is XWLP7, dated 3rd April.

3. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast

Check out Slim if you haven't already.

Have been running it with neak and it's been great.

4. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Android Enthusiast

tried hydrog3n again just now, restoring nandroid of omega as we speak

4.0.3 is so much better than 4.0.4 by a long long way imo

5. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

It's not a 4.0.3/4.0.4 difference. Omega is a ROM based on Samsung sources, whereas hydrog3n is AOKP based. These cm9/aosp/aokp roms are packed with excellent features and take some getting used to. I didn't like them at first, having only a sammy background previously, but after a little perseverance, i now think they are great. However, I'm back on checkrom gb due to the scrolling and battery issues, but this is an ics problem, and not particular to these types of roms.
    I've not tried a Sammy based ICS rom yet. I might give omega or andyx a try.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews