1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Questions about Juice Defender

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Girevik, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Girevik

Girevik Android Enthusiast

Dec 18, 2010
    Computer Geek
    Columbus, OH
    For some reason a couple of months ago I went from getting a couple of days battery life from my phone to getting 24 hours or less. It wasn't gradual, it was like a switch was flipped.

I'm using Juice Defender Free, so first of all I'm wondering if something there might have changed. Secondly, I'm wondering if buying the pro version might help.

From looking at my battery stats, it looks like wi-fi is using a lot of power. I'm wondering if wi-fi is staying ative when my phone is sleeping and if so if that's my problem. I know JD Pro has the option of turning off wi-fi on sleep, but I'm wondering how well it works. Would it take a while to re-connect when activating the phone? does it "wake up" wi-fi occastionaly to do things like check for e-mail?

Advertisement

2. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Between Imladris and Lothl
    I can't answer most of your questions but I've got a few. It does disable the radios when the screen is off. You can set it to wake up every so often (I use 15 minutes) to check mail, texts, etc. With either mobile data or wi-fi, it does take a few seconds to connect.

3. vlasveld

vlasveld Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    I've noticed Juice defender isn't doing me any harm.. if anything its helping.

I did what the above poster said and use the schedule feature so it checks emails every 15 min or so. Also make sure you turn it so it turns off wifi once you leave your house. (the app will train itself)

The biggest thing that helped me was that i turned off all my syncs except google and facebook. Also try not to use too many widgets.. i only use the one weather and time one.

Good luck