• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about Marketplace, GMail association, and billing

snovvman

Oct 21, 2009
I have not yet associated a Gmail account with my Nexus One. Before I do, I have a few questions, since I have several gmail accounts, some are accounts related to my company.

1) When I make a purchase on Marketplace, does it bill the credit card listed on the Google Checkout associated with the Gmail account?

2a) If there are two credit cards listed with Google Checkout, will I be able to choose which credit card to bill to?

3) Is it possible to bill to PayPal?

4) Does Google Checkout allow the same credit card to be registered on two different Gmail/Google Checkout account?

Thanks.

Edit:

More questions:

On the Gmail association,

Aside from maps, searches, contacts, tracking, marketplace, and other synchronization, are there any other implications/reasons to the Gmail association to the device?

Thanks again.

I have not yet associated a Gmail account with my Nexus One. Before I do, I have a few questions, since I have several gmail accounts, some are accounts related to my company.

1) When I make a purchase on Marketplace, does it bill the credit card listed on the Google Checkout associated with the Gmail account?

2a) If there are two credit cards listed with Google Checkout, will I be able to choose which credit card to bill to?

3) Is it possible to bill to PayPal?

4) Does Google Checkout allow the same credit card to be registered on two different Gmail/Google Checkout account?

Thanks.

Edit:

More questions:

On the Gmail association,

Aside from maps, searches, contacts, tracking, marketplace, and other synchronization, are there any other implications/reasons to the Gmail association to the device?

Thanks again.

1) Yes

2) Yes you can choose

3) No paypal, only Google checkout

4) I'm not sure but I would think so

5) It seems like you summed it all up their

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones