1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Questions about my new Evo.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LagunaGrande, Jul 14, 2011.

1. LagunaGrande

LagunaGrande Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    I just got my Evo yesterday and so far so good. I previously had a Samsung Moment and the two phones are worlds apart. I haven't really changed anything, I just removed all the default widgets. Anyways, my questions. What are some good applications to personalize the layout or to just make the Evo a more user friendly (more than it already is) phone to use?

P.s. I purchased an Otterbox with the phone also, and without doing much research on them. Are they good cases? Say if I accidentally drop my phone onto carpet from my desk, would the case protect it?

Advertisement

2. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Ordained Minister
    Seattle
    Welcome to the forums!

Although the Sense UI is easy on the eyes, you can install a home replacement app to customize the home screens. I have use LauncherPro, aHome, OpenHome, Go Launcher, dxTop, Zeam and SlideScreen and found it difficult to choose between them. One of the benefits of using a home replacement app is you can install themes or design your own dockbar.

Another vital app, in my opinion, is Text Edit. Text Edit is an all-purpose text editor that I use for daily journals, grocery lists, to do lists and any time I need to create a note for any reason.

Tags: