• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about ordering from Amazon

Jmelick07

Lurker
Sep 12, 2010
Feel free to move this if its not in the right spot but I have a few questions about ordering from Amazon.

1. Can I get the epic for $99 if I am adding a new line to an existing family plan?

2. If i do order it from Amazon am I still able to have the 30 day return policy and if so do I take my phone back to Sprint or Amazon?

3. Does anyone have experience with this, how was it?

Here's a snippet from amazon's policy:

Returning Cell Phones

You may return a cell phone within the first 30 days after delivery. When we receive your return, we'll issue the appropriate refund and send you an e-mail confirming the refund amount. For U.S. customers we will deduct the cost of return shipping from your refund if you use our postage-paid return label, unless the return is a result of our error. It typically takes up to two weeks to process cell phone returns after they arrive at our returns center. If you haven't received your refund after this period, please contact us so that we can further research the issue.
Returning a cell phone does not automatically cancel the service contract with your carrier. If you are returning a phone for a refund, you will need to contact the carrier directly to cancel your service plan.
Your cellular carrier will still charge you a prorated fee for the time you had the phone and service, including any additional roaming or long-distance fees and for any extra minutes you used. Also, activation fees are generally nonrefundable. For specific answers regarding service-plan cancellations, please contact your carrier directly. Carrier contact information is provided on the packing slip/invoice that is shipped with your cell phone/plan order.
from this, it sounds like you will need to return it to them, not the carrier.
Here's more faq's:
http://wireless.amazon.com/help/200307850/

Upvote 0
I was up for renewal when I went through Amazon, the process was the same as if I'd gone through AT&T, but cheaper. I would imagine you could add a line through one of the Amazon resellers and get the phone for $99. It should guide you through the process, and you can back out if anything doesn't feel right - provided you do it before the final button push. Read through the Amazon offer page, your answers should come from there, not from an internet forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones