• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about replacment?

ramcharger1979

Android Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2010
Boise, ID
So I now need my 4th Incredible. They said they would work on getting me a brand new phone but then it would need to restart my contract. Or keep getting like new replacements and keep my current contract.

Am I really any better off with a new phone or am I OK just getting a like new replacement?

Phone one: Pink Screen and blown speaker
Phone two: Blown speaker
Phone three: Pink Screen again.

Some people really like the idea of getting a brand new phone and others don't but it all comes down to you willing to sign another contract for the sake of getting a new phone! My wife just got a refurbished DInc and it turned out to be better than the brand new one she had before..just a thought.

Upvote 0
Don't take this as a slam, just trying to help. Most all of us never have blown speakers or pink screens, let alone twice. Though you can argue that the design is prone to this, it is what it is. To avoid even more replacements, I would suggest you look at your usage habits to see if it is something you are doing to take adverse advantage of any design 'weakness'.

I'm getting a replacement phone over-nighted to me today actually for a blown speaker. I had a same sounding bad (tinny) speaker in another phone a couple years ago too. I suspect the damage is more from the phone being in my crappy pants pockets that may have had nuts and bolts in the same pocket yesterday for a trip to the hardware (and the left over micro metal shards).

Some people who 'always' break flip phone hinges find they are holding the bottom while pressing the top against their ear to hard all the time, or pinching the hinge area with a 'hold the phone between shoulder and head' maneuver.

Upvote 0
I'm on my 4th incredible.

Only because there is a known bug with random reboots and the weak signal in my neighborhood.

How do I know this for sure. Both the first leaked Ota and the froyo leak absolutely fixed my problems..

Now I have to figure out, is weather I can live with my occasional glitch on my phone. The track pad or digitizer glitches about 15 times a day, either moving my home screen back and forth or changing selections.

I'm tired of calling verizon and having to go through the whole tech process.

Uggggggg.

Upvote 0
I'm on my 4th incredible.

Only because there is a known bug with random reboots and the weak signal in my neighborhood.

How do I know this for sure. Both the first leaked Ota and the froyo leak absolutely fixed my problems..

Now I have to figure out, is weather I can live with my occasional glitch on my phone. The track pad or digitizer glitches about 15 times a day, either moving my home screen back and forth or changing selections.

I'm tired of calling verizon and having to go through the whole tech process.

Uggggggg.

Did you send those phones back with the leaked OTA or Leaked 2.2 left on the phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones