• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about Revue

esmith818

Android Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2009
NC
My current setup for A/V is:

STB => AVR
PS3 => AVR
Wii => AVR
HDTV => AVR
AVR => HDTV

I currently use a Harmony remote to control the various options. I can stream various online services (Vudu, Amazon, CinemaNow, Hulu, etc) via either the HDTV or the PS3. The HDTV <=> AVR connection supports audio from HDTV (local antenna and network streaming) through AV speakers. I never use the TV's speakers.

What I want to know is:
1) Will a show search on the Revue return options on internet services offered on other hardware (HDTV and PS3) or only those options offered directly through the Revue box (and connected STB)?
2) Does the Revue offer a Vudu and/or CinemaNow streaming?
3) Would the Revue remote replace the Harmony for controlling the PS3 and CD?
4) Given the existing options I already have, is the $100 Revue worth getting or is it overkill?

I like the concept of having a single device to search all inputs for viewing options, but if it can't locate options on services offered by my other hardware, I don't know if it really helps. I imagine that the perfect scenario would be to have a device that "intercepts" all the other devices (not just the STB) in order to capture and search all available media options. I'm guessing that doesn't exist yet though. ;)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones