1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Questions about Revue

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by esmith818, Dec 8, 2011.

1. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Web to Print Content Developer
    NC
    My current setup for A/V is:

STB => AVR
    PS3 => AVR
    Wii => AVR
    HDTV => AVR
    AVR => HDTV

I currently use a Harmony remote to control the various options. I can stream various online services (Vudu, Amazon, CinemaNow, Hulu, etc) via either the HDTV or the PS3. The HDTV <=> AVR connection supports audio from HDTV (local antenna and network streaming) through AV speakers. I never use the TV's speakers.

What I want to know is:
    1) Will a show search on the Revue return options on internet services offered on other hardware (HDTV and PS3) or only those options offered directly through the Revue box (and connected STB)?
    2) Does the Revue offer a Vudu and/or CinemaNow streaming?
    3) Would the Revue remote replace the Harmony for controlling the PS3 and CD?
    4) Given the existing options I already have, is the $100 Revue worth getting or is it overkill?

I like the concept of having a single device to search all inputs for viewing options, but if it can't locate options on services offered by my other hardware, I don't know if it really helps. I imagine that the perfect scenario would be to have a device that "intercepts" all the other devices (not just the STB) in order to capture and search all available media options. I'm guessing that doesn't exist yet though. ;)

Advertisement

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Northern Ky
    Hmm, really good questions. Would love to know if anyone has the answers (i certainly don't :eek:)

Can always try asking here as well: http://forum.gtvsource.com/ (in the same family of sites as AF)