• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Questions about ROOTING and stuff

not2gutta

Dec 30, 2011
Hello all! I am looking to root my rezound...noob here, never rooted a phone..looked into it a few times and boy, it looks confusing!:eek:

Today I came across the site where you can unlock your phone through HTC (htvdev.com, already registered). I am unsure of which process to do first..theres three options.

I mainly want to root this baby in order to delete all the bloatware that came with the phone...also being able to save battery and tethering would be nice. But when I was about to start the process(not really sure what to expect), it warned of all the possibilities of something going wrong...like losing a feature and never getting it back?

So anyone can let me know how grueling the process goes, along with pros and cons? Thanks:D

personally I don't see any Cons in rooting. A lot of people will probably agree.

The biggest key is do your research. Read , Read and most of all. ASK QUESTIONS IF YOUR NOT CLEAR ON SOMETHING. We all started out just like you at some point. If you have a good base understanding of the processes it really isn't that grueling.

As far as losing a feature and never being able to get it back. I wouldn't worry about that.

Remember this when/if you get to the point that your ready to pull the trigger and root.

FIRST RULE OF ROOT CLUB IS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE AS SOON AS YOU ROOT AND INSTALL A RECOVERY APP.

this will save you if something goes wrong.

Upvote 0
Moved your thread up to the Rezound root forum - the info and help you need is here.

Check the sticky thread on All Things Root to get pointed in the right direction.

Read through the thread on Unlock, Perm Root, Recovery to get the lay of the land.

Once you are fully rooted, I recommend scrosler's CleanROM. Rather than tinkering with bloatware removal, just make a backup of your existing rom, flash CleanROM and don't look back. Scott (scrosler) is a pro and has done all the hard work for you. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones