1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Questions about rooting the Droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harrisonkk, Feb 4, 2010.

1. harrisonkk

harrisonkk Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Student
    San Diego, CA
    I know this has probably been posted a million times but I've been looking around and haven't found an answer to a lot of them.

EDIT: Deleted some of the questions I figured out on my own.

1) I don't have the warranty on my phone, so do I really lose anything by rooting if I don't have a warranty to break?

2) Will the SholesMod Updater be taken out of the marketplace since Google seems to be so against rooting?

3) Is there a website where I can get all these custom themes, WiFi tether, custom keyboards and everything that everyone is talking about after I root the phone

4) Is it possible that some apps might not work with a rooted phone because you're change the operating system?

5) When will SholesMod Updater be free? I don't have a credit card and it said a day or two but that was... two days ago haha.

Advertisement

2. harrisonkk

harrisonkk Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Student
    San Diego, CA
    bump bump bump

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    Scroll down ...

4. Ninthwonder

Ninthwonder Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Military
    How does rooting affect my service, most notably coverage? I have read some say they have lost 3G coverage when rooted.

5. Freebyrd

Freebyrd Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Hotlanta
    Joe; Ive been doing a lot of reading on rooting my Droid and I just wanted to say I really appreciate your posts. You are very helpful and explain things that even I can understand. PS, still haven't worked up the nerve to jump in the deep end.

6. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    just my thoughts

7. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Sales Rep
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The app is available free on their website. This is from a post on another board announcing the new program:

The current app called SholesMod Updater costs $5.00 in the market, it is also available for free http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater.apk.

They don't mind you using it free. I think they have a donate link if $5 is too much right now.