Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UrbanMuppet, Jul 16, 2010.
No longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.
1)it is the recovery os
2)flash stock roms back on
3) not sure on that one to make a backup i beleave you need nand which requires root?
4)yes use titanium backup or mybackup (mybackup doesn't need su)
5)that is something you need to read each rom has it's own set of issues if any the major ones though are
Froyo 2.2 has camera issues
and radio and wimax needs to be flashed to some roms
if i missed something please correct but thats what i know
1. Full back up of your current ROM. This comes in handy if you need to restore to a previous state after messing something up.
2. To revert to full stock, just run the RUU while HTC Sync is running.
3. No, in order to do a full backup/restore you need to have nand unlocked, therefore restoring from nand will always bring you back to a rooted version of the ROM. Run RUU for full stock.
4. Yes, I used Titanium Backup but there are also others.
5. Currently only with FroYo roms but this is temporary.
What firmware are you on?
Simple Root is probably the easiest way to get full root.