1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions about Samsung galaxy s2 GT-i9100

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Samnang168, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Samnang168

Samnang168 Lurker

Hello,
    I have just bought Samsung Galaxy s2 GT-i9100, and everything seems new to me. I have a couple of questions about the memory. The total space is about 13GB or more, but I think it has devided into two spaces. One is called "Device space" with 2GB for installing apps, and another one is called "USB storage" with 11.50GB for putting in music, pictures, videos, etc. Can any one tell me "WHY"?. And another question is about its memory with the use of the camera. When I open the camera for taking pictures or videos, it shows only 2GB(Device space) for storing the pictures and videos. And how can I use the total space for everything or is there a possible way to use all of the memory capacity?
    Thanks, :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

I wouldn't worry about the 2GB for apps, large apps and games will push large data files onto the internal storage(11.50GB partition).

You also have apps2sd on the Galaxy S2 to move apps, this also used to to move apps to the external sdcard if you had one, not sure if it does now.

As for why, that's just the way app storage worked a few years ago on all android devices, that changed on the Galaxy S3 and other ICS based devices launched around a year after the Galaxy S2.

Use the 2GB+11.50GB for apps and app data and use an external sdcard for your images, music and videos.

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Welcome aboard, Samnang168. ;)

You'll find some cool information and tips inside your device's area of support.

Rock on.