1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions about Starting the Whole Thing Over

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phasmaphobic, Apr 10, 2012.

1. phasmaphobic

phasmaphobic Lurker

I've been running a rooted Rezound since about mid-January. Lately, been having some weird issues (notification tones keep randomizing, network just stops working entirely, etc), and I figured that since apparently there is an ICS update out now, I'd just start the whole thing over, wipe, restore, etc, and give rooting another shot.

It's been a while since I've done this, and I spent the last day or so looking over other threads on here to get the latest info, but there's still some confusion. You guys have been great help so far, so IO figured I'd ask here before I go forward with my plans.

I basically want to wipe the phone, restore to original, get the ICS update (if it's even out yet), and re-root so I can get rid of all those stock crapps (NFL app, Verizon, etc). Also, so I can restore Titanium, of course.

My question, then, is ultimately how to go about this. Is there a really good step-by-step guide for clearing the existing rom, restoring to factory, getting the update, and then re-rooting? Is this even possible? Is this even advisable?

I'm not really on a time-crunch here, so I'm willing to take my time and collect as much info on the process as possible. The phone still works, it's just kinda irritating right now from time to time.

For the record, I do have Amon installed to the phone, and I'm running CleanROM GBE 1.6, according to my system information.

Thanks again!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

3. phasmaphobic

phasmaphobic Lurker

Thanks!

Question, I notice at the end of that second section that the last command is "fastboot oem lock"

I'm assuming that, should I plan on updating and then flashing to CleanROM ICS, that I don't need to actually do this re-lock step?

4. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

correct,no need to relock if you plan to reflash some other rom.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews