1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Questions About Syncing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mass Zero, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Mass Zero

Mass Zero Member

Hey all,

A few things about syncing are rather unclear to me and I'm hoping any of you can help me.

Firstly, what are the pre-requisites for automatic synchronizing? Let me take Facebook for example, I've noticed that it barely ever seems to sync for me, even though I set it to 1 hour. How come? Must the app that does the syncing be running 24/7? I noticed once that Facebook synced when I had the widget on my home screen, but the thing's so damn ugly, I'd rather not have it there. The syncing of any app just seems so random... :/

Secondly, this one is Facebook specific, I have some problems with contact syncing. When I try to use Facebook's own app to sync contacts, by adding another account, my phone tries to redirect me to the Facebook app, but all I get is a blank screen for a second and then I'm back at the account settings, without any changes. Also, when I try to use the Galaxy S' integrated Facebook account to sync contacts it just messes up. It syncs fine, but I only see a few Facebook entries in my contacts list, while I see all of them when I go to the Facebook contacts group. I would much raher like to see all of them in the default contacts list.

All right, I guess that's about it. Once again, I'm hoping any of you can help me with this.

Thanks!

Advertisement