• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about the A100

slbailey1

Android Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2009
I have some questions about the A100.

1. Will it have the Android market?
2. When will it come to the US?
3. Which carriers in the US (hoping for Verizon 3g/LTE)?
4. Will Google or Acer be updating the OS?
5. What will be the price.

HTC let me down with the HTC Flyer.:(

I have some questions about the A100.

1. Will it have the Android market?
2. When will it come to the US?
3. Which carriers in the US (hoping for Verizon 3g/LTE)?
4. Will Google or Acer be updating the OS?
5. What will be the price.

HTC let me down with the HTC Flyer.:(

This is another interesting option. Like you I have been let down by the HTC flyer. It will have the market and can't see why it wouldn't be out in the US. The answers to the remaining questions are unknown. The price is of course going to be a big factor regarding the success. The onboard USB and HDMI are massive selling points for me. Roll on April!

Upvote 0
Any more rumors on the A100/101? I'm leaning towards the 7" form factor for portability and the Flyer appears to be way off base with price.

The prices I see on line for the WiFi version look good, but I haven't found a solid US price. I have played with the A500 and like it (especially the USB Host) but I know I won't carry a 10" machine around with me most of the time so it would be wasted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones