• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help questions about the GALAXY

Haltemien

Apr 19, 2010
Hi guys!

I tried to search on the forums, but didnt get a clear answer to any of my questions.

I've read that this phone dont get an update to android 2.1 but will be stuck at 1.5. Does this mean that when 2.1 are released, I cant download apps for it anymore at all? Ive read something about fks the youtube app and the google earth app, has moved beyond 1.5 and isent aviable anymore?

And what is all this talk about misty mod etc. Can anyone fill me in on what its all bout? Is it a usermade version of android 2.0? Should i get it for my new phone etc.

Thanks for all the help, and I am very sorry, if i didnt use the search function enough.

The are official 1.6 firmwares from Samsung now available. It is unlikely it will ever officially support more than that.

The GAOSP project is aiming to bring 2.1 to the Galaxy, and while it has progressed a long way, there are some major things still not working (e.g. Camera). It is hoped once Samsung release the 1.6 sources then we will get a fully working 2.1.

Musty mod was a port of 2.0, but I'm not sure it's being updated any more, and it had the same limitations as GAOSP.

Upvote 0
everything is in this forum mate, please spend some time to read them as anything anyone writes here will just be a repeat of those topics

in breif, musty is a rom that is 2.0 but is incomplete but functional to a point
GOASP is again a 2.1 custom rom that is incomplete but funtional to a point
1.6 is available to galaxy officially and unofficially depending on country

is 2.1 ever going to come? doubt it from an official perspective

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones