1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Questions about the W4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yogem, Dec 18, 2013.

1. yogem

yogem Newbie

Hi All,

So I rooted and using this phone out of Boost Mobile while in Mexico with Iusacell by reprogramming it... it works greatly! Now I got mad with Boost mobile as they don't want to UICC unlock the device (that I paid cash) and I will like to know if someone of you know if this device is a Global Device (Means that have both CDMA and GSM) or if it's just CDMA...

... and is anyone able to restore all the standard but hidden by sprint/boost network settings? I've been able to restore some but I am not able to restore the APN and Network Operator's ones.

... is anyone able to completely network unlock this device?

2. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Android Enthusiast

As far as I am aware, this phone is CDMA only as there is no SIM card slot. The only way you could use this phone on another CDMA phone network, is if they are willing to activate another network's phone.

3. buildyourown

buildyourown Newbie

yogem,
    According to the specs at: ZTE Warp 4G Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
    the W4G is not GSM capable, operating only in these bands:
    LTE 1700 / 1900 / 1900
    CDMA 800 / 850 / 1700 / 1900

cdz, there is actually a SIM port on this device.
    My device, purchased from Boost, came preinstalled with a Sprint branded SIM (weird, I know).

APN and Network Operator are in the build.prop, but I do not recommend adjusting those entries until a complete backup has been made, MD5 verified, uploaded to your Android SDK-installed Windows machine, and copied one each to all of your available HDD. (can you tell I hate downtime?)

4. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Android Enthusiast

Let me correct myself: There is no GSM SIM port. The sim port on the device is for LTE access.

buildyourown likes this.
  5. yogem

yogem Newbie

Guys, thanks for the answers.. my fears are now real ehehehe...

I reprogrammed correctly the device, I got signal, I got 3G, some times 4G, I can send MSS, it works... the only problem is that the CDMA signal in Mexico simply sucks! I wanted to know if it was also GSM as I know that many devices with the option "UICC Unlock" are basically Global Devices that once unlocked they become GSM.

I think I will give up on it and going to buy a new device, possibly GSM and then once back in the states I will use the W4G again with Boost.

Thanks all!

6. Odin89

Odin89 Android Enthusiast

True, ty. Was wondering if the little metal pieces in the back above the battery were related to data or signal? Bought plenty of boost and cleartalk phones and have yet to see this

7. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

there is an antenna on the back cover, that black sticker like thing the two metal prongs come out of is an inductive cell antenna of some type, that connects to the two metal connections above the battery

Odin89 and rbheromax like this.
  8. sirslayerjr

sirslayerjr Member

I think it's for the NFC in the back cover

devilschild26 likes this.
  9. junkie2100

no idea what kind of signal its for, just know its an antenna

10. junkie2100

honestly i was under the impression it was lte, because the force had the same thing

Odin89 likes this.
  11. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

Lol its for NFC, to beam stuff and what not.

Odin89 likes this.
  12. junkie2100

you sure kuz i dont think the force had nfc... ah well dont matter

13. Odin89

Odin89 Android Enthusiast

Sweet, was thinking lte myself. Just curious

14. jimsmith80

jimsmith80 Android Expert

The force has nfc

15. Jt money

Jt money Newbie

I have found a way I haven't gotten a sim card yet to try but msl utilities will work for your uicc card and this is for boost Mobile call Sprint and ask for it they can with a converter they use meid of the phone not imei as boost does msl/spc is CDMA only but they have the switch for uicc so if you have time try it

16. Jt money

Jt money Newbie

I have found a way I haven't gotten a sim card yet to try but msl utilities will work for your uicc card and this is for boost Mobile call Sprint and ask for it they can with a converter they use meid of the phone not imei as boost does msl/spc is CDMA only but they have the switch for uicc so if you have time try it

ZTE Warp 4G Forum

The ZTE Warp 4G release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2070mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews