• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Questions about updating to 2.3.6???????

Does my phone have to be 100% fully charged and when I go to the samsung website then go to admire software updates there is like 2 of them and I dont know which one is the 2.3.6 uodate. Help :)

for future purposes please search before you post. this has already been answered

the download link is called Upgrade (Software) (ver.FF18)
and you dont have to have 100 percent battery but its better to have a decent amount of charge left cause if the phone shuts off during the process it can definitely mess s*** up

Upvote 0
I would say DON'T do the download but that's only cuz I did it yesterday and it froze during the upgrade now my phone will not do nothing....when i turn it on it says firmware upgrade encountered error..please try again....and I have been trying to find a way to fix it since yesterday and can't find nothing anywhere that shows me how to fix it...Wish I would of been warned about this update lol

Upvote 0
I would say DON'T do the download but that's only cuz I did it yesterday and it froze during the upgrade now my phone will not do nothing....when i turn it on it says firmware upgrade encountered error..please try again....and I have been trying to find a way to fix it since yesterday and can't find nothing anywhere that shows me how to fix it...Wish I would of been warned about this update lol

he can safety do the update since he has metro. the update was meant only for MetroPCS Admires.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones