1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

questions about web development with Python

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by mrw5582, Oct 23, 2021.

1. mrw5582

mrw5582 Newbie

I'm looking to build a web app for myself and a group of friends. I've created my own GitHub repo and now I'll be honest, I'm not sure what to do next!

Firstly the basics of the idea - I want to build a web app that allows users to register and enter and acquire details about themselves from a SQL database. I have read some beginner tutorials on Flask that look like this works. Then, I want to display this information selectively for each user and allow some interaction - this is where I hope Python comes in. best Python courses for beginners

Now, some questions:

1. If I was in a room with my friends, would I need to host this on the web? Or could this work over the network?

2. What if I do need to host this - is this going to require a web server with an admin fee? Could I in theory do this on a raspberry pi?

3. Would this web app work on mobile too?

4. Job opportunities - for an entry-level Python developer, would something like this be good enough to get my foot through the door? codein.software/technologies/vue-js.html
    Thanks in advance!

#1 mrw5582, Oct 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If you're just starting out with development, maybe you could find an internship with a company? That would certainly get your foot in the door. As for your other questions, no ideas, I'm not a dev. I've heard of Python, but that's about it.

You're looking for web development? But this forum is more about Android development, which uses Java or Kotlin in Android Studio. Maybe you'd be better enquiring somewhere else, like a web development forum?

ocnbrze likes this.