• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

questions before buying tmobile SGS2

khaddem

Feb 14, 2010
I have a bb9700 and my wife has the htc sensation and galaxy vibrant. We are interested in buying the SG2 and wanted to know what would be the best options and apps to use to print wirelessly from the phone to our printer (canon). Also My wife uses the Blueant bluetooth headset and has issues with the htc sensation. Has anybody used this particular headset with this phone and can share their experience?
Can someone help with finding ways to activate the notification light on the tmobile SG2 just like the Sprint one?
Should i uprade my SD card to avoid lag when opening the gallery on the phone? I still have my 16 gig from my HTC Hd2 (when it came out).
I plan on using amazon cloud service for multimedia (movie, music, videos, pictures), can someone share if it is worth it?
Does google video chat works with this device?
My wife and i speak english and have a french accent, will this be a problem when using the voice feature on this phone? is it possible to change the language from english to french for the voice feature?
Sounds like a lot of questions but i will appreciate your help since i need these questions answered before buying this phone.
I played with the device in the store but could not modify the phone to test my needs.
Thanks

"PrintShare" is a good network printing app, it can print via bluetooth or wifi. You download the app and buy the "key " app which give you the license to use it fully, its about $13. Dumb design, but they does it purposefully so you have to be logged into your Google account for their app to work.

For viewing gallery, its not necessary for a faster card because the phone will cache the thumbnails of each picture. It does take time to cache the thumbnail at first though. And slower SD card might have issue playing large size videos. Also it will take a long time to move files into them due to slow transfer speed. Try to get Class 6 or 10 if you can.

I never used Google video chat, but the device does have front camera.

I haven't heard of any app that can alter the accent of your voice on calls, but if there is one, you can bet they'll be lots of pranks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones